CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We’re changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we’re looking for
We’re always open and interested to meet amazingly talented Engineers that love what they do and are excited to share the projects they’re into. We know that joining a startup is not only about hard skills. It’s also about the right timing, understanding that, more often than not, a rolling-up-your-sleeves attitude is what it takes to make things done, but most important of all you have a strong desire to make an impact in other people’s lives.
So if you think you are ready to dive in, let’s move forward. And if you don’t, but you’re interested in learning what the future means to us let’s move forward too!
This is our current stack:
- Frameworks: ReactJS, Redux, NodeJS, Typescript, GraphQL, GIT
- Database: MySQL y PostgresSQL
- Cache: Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS -> EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, RDS
- Agile Methodology
Here are some of the things you’ll help us with:
- Iterating on new and existing features to improve user experience and performance.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Improving the maturity of our technical stack with engineering best practices.
- Being part of the code review process and helping to mentor other engineers.
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder, removing roadblocks, and repair technical issues.
- You have experience designing and building web applications and participated in the whole cycle of the project.
- Understand how to interact with and build backend REST APIs.
- Knowledge of mobile apps, such as React Native it’s a big plus.
- Enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Are excited by the opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the company expands.
- 💸 Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
- 🗺 Work remotely: design the life that you want.
- ⛱ Enjoy 15 days of vacation each year from start date.
- 🎄 16 fully paid Argentinean holidays.
- 💻 Get a MacBookAir (upgraded version).
- 🐣 Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid.
- 🕯 Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises.
- 🧑🏫 Personalized English coach
- Additional Perks (could Vary)
- 🗽 Travel to NYC during your onboarding – 1st year with us.
- 🧢 Food Tech Connect gather around every quarter (depending on your location).
- If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we’ll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.