CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We’re changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Engineer with proven experience developing web apps that loves food, big challenges, and a powerful purpose; who can get things done in a high-impact, small teams Engineering organization.
Your Team – CX Tools Squad
The CX Tools Squad owns the tactical and strategic tech direction of our internal tools that allow our CX Team to handle all the relationships with our customers.
The team develops features using data insights and the CX Team feedback to enable a better experience for our internal team and provide a high-quality service to our customers.
The CX Tools Squad is responsible for providing tools to make life easier by automating the team’s manual processes. This Squad is part of the Engagement Zone which includes similar squads developing the Mobile, Menu, and Onboarding experience.
Our customers use our digital experience weekly to find their favorite meals from our 250+ item menu, change their plan, and place their order, and the CX Tools Squad is responsible for making the connection with us easier.
The Role – Full Stack Engineer
You will report to the Tech Lead’s squad as a Sr Full Stack Engineer. You will be collaborating with 2-3 other engineers in your squad. You will be working on the development of new features with Product Managers and Product Designers.
You will succeed in impacting the business by moving the order rate by delivering with excellence new features and improving existing ones.
You’re responsible for
- design, implement, optimize and maintain reusable and reliable web applications and microservices
- ensure the scalability of the applications by writing clean code, applying design patterns, and using good practices.
- participate in the code review process and help mentor other engineers
- ensure the quality of the product by testing your code
- remove roadblocks, and help repair technical issues while delivering practical solutions
You’re a great fit because you…
- are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- can effectively balance resolving critical issues with making fundamental strategic investments.
- have a growth mindset and believe in setting ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
- are highly independent
- have a strong ability to navigate ambiguity
- enjoy the pace and ownership that comes with a startup environment
And you have…
- 5+ years developing full-stack applications
- experience developing with NodeJS, GraphQL, ReactJS, Redux, MySQL
- proactively identify opportunities to improve systems
- familiarity with continuous integration
- experience implementing and maintaining unit tests and e2e tests
- strong knowledge of service-oriented architectures
- experience following
- used feedback to improve the quality of your work and your team’s work
- 💸 Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
- 🗺 Work remotely: design the life that you want.
- ⛱ Enjoy 15 days of vacation each year from start date.
- 🎄 16 fully paid Argentinean holidays.
- 💻 Get a MacBookAir (upgraded version).
- 🐣 Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid.
- 🕯 Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises.
- 🧑🏫 Personalized English coach
- Additional Perks (could Vary)
- 🧢 Food Tech Connect gather around every quarter (depending on your location).
- If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we’ll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.