CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We’re changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 8M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, and enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
We are looking for a solid cross language Backend Engineer with a cloud architecture vision that helps us build and maintain all of the tools and processes required to turn chef-designed meals from an idea into cooked meals.
Some of the best Chefs in America will be your close collaborators! Not only CookUnity’s “rising stars” but also the well-known Chefs we’ve partnered with this year as part of our Creators Club (Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
This is our current stack:
- Databases: MySQL and MongoDB.
- Cache: Redis.
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Infra as code with Terraform, S3, Route53.
- CI/CD: we use GitLab pipelines for automatic deployments, we are starting to use automated testing and in the near future we are about to implement static code analyzers.
- Agile Methodology (we’re iterating here, we are small now and our processes are evolving as the team grows).
- Develop new features to support business needs.
- Troubleshoot any number of issues and create documentation of them. Perhaps under pressure.
- Responsible for database design, implementation, and query development; specifically MySQL.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development of best practices, and new technologies
- Being part of the code review process and helping to mentor other engineers.
- You are a good team player enthusiastic about delivering results.
- You care for the quality of code. Simply good is not enough.
- Experience working with legacy codebases, and refactoring.
- You have at least +5yrs of experience as a Software Engineer and you can engage with projects in NodeJS and PHP.
- You’re proficient in MySQL database management.
- Experience working with Docker/Kubernetes/CI environments.
- 💸 Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, or ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
- 🗺 Work remotely: design the life that you want.
- ⛱ Enjoy 15 days of vacation each year from the start date.
- 🎄 16 fully paid Argentinean holidays.
- 💻 Get a MacBookAir (upgraded version).
- 🐣 Family leaves: 12 weeks for the primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid.
- 🕯 Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises.
- 🧑🏫 Personalized English coach
- Additional Perks (could vary)
- 🧢 Food Tech Connect gathers around every quarter (depending on your location).
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we’ll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.