CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We’re changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for talented iOS engineers that love food, big challenges, and a powerful purpose. The iOS squad’s mission is to help eaters on the move find meals they love each time, enjoy the food they eat, feel they are eating healthy, and get back to spending time on the things they love. This squad includes 3 iOS engineers, a designer, and a product manager all fully dedicated to developing the eater’s iOS experience.
Our customers use our mobile experience to sign-up, find their favorite meals from our 250+ item menu, and place their weekly order. They can easily chat with our highly rated customer service team to get any issues resolved. They are reminded about what’s coming up via push notifications. The Mobile Squad is responsible for making this journey seamless and delightful.
The iOS Squad is part of the Engagement Zone which includes similar squads developing the Android experience and the web experience.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll report to your squad’s Tech Lead. You’ll work closely together with other squad members participating in an agile software development process. You’ll work closely with your team to create and execute your roadmap. You’ll be supported by other product development squads and other CookUnity business functions.
This is a full-time hire.
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast-paced environment.
- Work alongside Product & UX team’s to build high-quality experiences.
- Help estimate, plan and execute new features and integrations.
- Understanding end-user requirements and use cases and translating them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Advocate for optimized practices across the engineering organization.
- Participate in the code reviews to help other team members identify improvement opportunities
- Proficient in Swift, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with iOS design patterns, coding, and testing.
- Understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines and ability to create exciting UI/UX design.
- Any SwiftUI Experience is a plus!
- Experience with Git or equivalent version control systems.
- Experience developing apps for the US market. E-commerce/consumer-facing app development is a big plus!
- Experience working with A/B testing.
- 💸 Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
- 🗺 Work remotely: design the life that you want.
- ⛱ Enjoy 15 days of vacation each year from start date.
- 🎄 16 fully paid Argentinean holidays.
- 💻 Get a MacBookAir (upgraded version).
- 🐣 Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid.
- 🕯 Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises.
- 🧑🏫 Personalized English coach
- Additional Perks (could Vary)
- 🧢 Food Tech Connect gather around every quarter (depending on your location).
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we’ll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.