We are NotCo, one of the fastest growing Latin American startups in recent times. We innovatively combine science and technology to create plant-based products that are just as tasty, but with less environmental impact and taking the animal out of the equation. Our goal? For the good of the planet, we are going to reinvent the food industry: one delicious bite at a time. We are currently operating and conquering palates in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, USA, Canada and Mexico.
Part of our DNA is to undertake, take risks, innovate and move the needle! We are not a perfect company and we do not have the perfect culture, but we do have the right culture: we are a group of people working tirelessly to change the food system and mass market mindset to protect our world, our health, our future generations, animals , and what remains of the beautiful wildlife. We embrace diversity, at NotCo everyone is welcome, here the only thing that matters is talent, potential and the motivation to want to generate high-impact changes: we are a group of unusual people, under a common goal.
As an ML Engineering Manager in the NotCo AI group, you will work with a multifaceted team of ML & Software Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Experimental Chefs, and Food Scientists to revolutionize the way plant-based and sustainable foods are created. Your main responsibilities would be to lead a group of Machine Learning Engineers to deliver on the Giuseppe Platform – our internal Machine Learning system that assists in product formulation for novel plant-based foods. Our tech platform utilizes predictive & generative models, optimization algorithms, as well as in-house data warehousing infrastructure that allows us to relate nutritional, physicochemical & molecular data to find new discoveries for novel plant-based products.
This position will be based in Santiago de Chile.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead the core Machine Learning group in Santiago which is responsible for researching, proposing, and implementing new models and algorithms into our ML Platform
- Work closely with Product Management and tangential groups, such as our Experimental Chef and Food
- Science groups to organize and execute on multidisciplinary projects
- Workshop new research ideas into actionable proposals and engineering roadmaps
- Strategize technology externalization strategy for the existing tech platform with the management team
- Mentor direct reports to develop long term career roadmaps. Direct hiring for new open positions within the group
- Foster a transparent and open culture of innovation and knowledge sharing.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field with a focus on machine learning
- 5+ years of experience in an IC role with hands-on Machine Learning experience
- 3+ years of Engineering Management or Tech Lead experience preferred
- Familiarity with model packaging & deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform)
- Strong background in software engineering, unit & functional testing (Python, unittest, nose) and a focus on best practicesStrong understanding of optimizers (blackbox optimizer, gradient-based/gradient descent, Bayesian Optimization) packages
- Prior experience with implementing & training Deep Learning models (Pytorch, TensorFlow); prior experience with training models on cloud infrastructure on GPU/TPU preferred
- In-depth knowledge in one or several of the following areas preferred: Representational Learning, Generative Models, Transformers, bandit algorithms & convex optimizers
If our purpose and way of working vibrates with you, and you want to be part of this story, apply to join this squad.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.