CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We’re changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
Your Team – Operations Technology
The Operations Technology squad builds and maintains all of the tools and processes required to ensure that our operations can run smoothly and our chef designed meals reach eaters on time in great condition. This includes ensuring the meals produced are tracked within our internal system, are reliably routed through the internal CookUnity fulfillment process, and assigned to the right logistics partner. From the time the meal leaves the hands of the chef team, it’s up to CookUnity to ensure it reaches its destination safely every day through smart softwares and good process.
Some of the best Chefs in America will be your close collaborators. Not only CookUnity’s “rising stars”, but also the well-known Chefs we’ve partnered with this year as part of our Creators Club (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
The Role – Tech Lead
As the Tech Lead you own the tactical and strategic technical direction of your squad. It’s a high-impact role with the ability to influence all parts of CookUnity. This role has both individual contributor responsibilities and leadership responsibilities, guiding the work of 5-6 engineers.
- Lead design and implementation of operations tools and supporting backend services.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Participate in and improve the code review process and help to mentor other engineers.
- Contribute code alongside your team, remove roadblocks, and help repair technical issues.
- Partner with members of other squads to continually refine and improve our product in an agile process.
You’re a great fit because you…
- Have a track record of building high-performance teams with high-quality deliverables that meet deadlines on time and under budget.
- Are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- Can effectively balance resolving critical issues with making fundamental strategic investments.
- Preferably have worked on building tools to optimize physical operations processes
- Have a growth mindset and believe in setting ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
- Are highly independent
- Have a strong ability to navigate ambiguity
enjoy the pace and ownership that comes with a startup environment
and you have…
- developed apps using ReactJS
- extensive experience using SQL and Relational Databases
- designed and built systems following service-oriented architecture patterns
- deployed systems into an AWS environment
- used feedback to improve the quality of your work and your team’s work
- implemented and maintained unit tests and integration tests
- proactively identified opportunities to improve systems
- 💸 Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
- 🗺 Work remotely: design the life that you want.
- ⛱ Enjoy 15 days of vacation each year from start date.
- 🎄 16 fully paid Argentinean holidays.
- 💻 Get a MacBookAir (upgraded version).
- 🐣 Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid.
- 🕯 Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises.
- 🧑🏫 Personalized English coach
- Additional Perks (could vary)
- 🧢 Food Tech Connect gather around every quarter (depending on your location).
- 🗽Travel to NYC during your 3 months of onboarding
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we’ll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.